MEMBERSHIP IN NPA
THE PSYCHOLOGIST'S SMART CHOICE
Advantages of Joining NPA
NPA can keep you on the Cutting Edge:
- Keep up to date on standards of practice and develop your skills and knowledge base
- Discounts on NPA’s APA-Approved continuing education programs
NPA Can Help You Shape the Profession Through Advocacy:
- Advocacy of psychology issues in the state legislature by our professional lobbyist.
- Speak out on legislative issues that are important to you through the NPA Legislative Committee, a dedicated volunteer committee of psychologists who communicate and advocate on behalf of our members and the profession of psychology.
- Association members testify on crucial bills at the state level.
- Members meet with our national representatives in our nation’s capitol to influence federal legislation through the APA State Leadership Conference in Washington, DC
- NPA’s Training Consortium is developing pre- and post- doc opportunities for our excellent students.
NPA Can Help Your Practice Grow:
- Participate in the computerized statewide Referral Service Network.
- Market your practice with a professional webpage.
- Make presentations to businesses and community groups through the BOPN and PEC initiatives.
- Become a part of our Speaker's Bureau and receive referrals from individuals and businesses to do trainings and presentations.
NPA Can Connect You with Your Colleagues
- Meet and stay connected with you peers across the state through networking events and by becoming involved with committees and initiatives.
- NPA’s listserv allows members to discuss and keep abreast of relevant issues.
- Attend local and statewide meetings to meet with fellow psychologists and share common interests.
- Receive peer recognition through NPA’s “Distinguished Psychologist” or “Distinguished Service” awards
- Find an outlet for your talents and interests by serving on any of our active, effective committees and task forces.
- Use your online membership directory to keep in contact with your colleagues and have important numbers at your fingertips.
- When you join NPA, you become a member of one of our regional chapters. These regional groups offer a smaller, more easily accessible, and intimate setting in which to interact with your colleagues. Regions operate in a somewhat autonomous fasion, electing their own officers and representatives to the NPA Executive Board, and presenting their own schedule of programs which may include substantive CE programs, social, and networking events.
NPA can connect the public to psychologists
- Public education efforts to enhance the general understanding of psychology and to promote psychology services.
- Outreach to businesses, the media, and other social service organizations.
On-line membership application
Printable PDF version of our membership application
Available Membership Types and Fees
Look what NPA did for you this year! Click Here